Monday, September 15, 2008

Organization Spotlight... Town & Country Symphony



The Ides of each month, I shine the light on a great local organization. This month's highlight is Town & Country Symphony. Yesterday, I attended this wonderful concert at The Principia School - the Ridgway Auditorium. One of the things I love most about this city is that there are so many cultural centers and programs that are provided to the public - free of charge. And this Symphony is another example of the What Makes St. Louis Arts so great! It is a non-profit organization with symphony members representing each generation, some were middle-school aged.




Yesterday's performance featured Marlissa Hudson, Lyric Coloratura Soprano. I don't know what those fancy words mean, but I can tell you that she sings BEAUTIFULLY! I had attended a school opera, complete with theatrics, but this was the first time I had attended a performance just to hear opera. I was mesmerized. To hear a human voice make such lovely sounds, extended notes and...wow! It is was something to witness. Ms. Hudson performs with various musical organizations throughout the Metro area, so I am insisting that everyone see and and hear her. Visit her website, it has a listing of all of her upcoming performances.



Spend a lovely Sunday afternoon - after church - relaxing and spending time with your family and friends at Town & Country Symphony's Next Concert: Fall Halloween Concert
Featuringing Chiann-Yi Yawitz performing Liszt's Totentanz

Sunday, October 26, 2008, 2:30 pm
No Charge for Admission
Ridgway Auditorium
The Principia
13201 Clayton Road, 63131

No comments: